Functions Of A Granular Activated Carbon Filter Cartridge:
Highly effective filtration of water for certain Chlorine, odor and improve the taste.
To keep your filter system operating effectively, replace this cartridge annually or by recommendation of your experienced water condition dealer.
GAC Filters Significantly Reduce the Following Contaminants:
- Chlorine By-Products like trihalomethanes (THMs) – A Group of organic chemicals suspected of being carcinogenic.
- Bad Tastes & Odors
- Turbidity (Cloudy Water)
- Pesticides, Herbicides & Insecticides
- Volatile Organic Chemicals – Organic Chemicals that turn into vapor.
- Fit most standard residential and commercial housings, for easy replacement into existing systems
Applications of A Granular Activated Carbon Filter:
After installing this cartridge, pass 5 gallons of tap water through to flush out any carbon fine particles present in the unit.
What is granulated activated carbon (GAC) and what is its main purpose?
Granular activated carbon (GAC) has a huge surface area resulting from its extreme porous structure. Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) filters effectiveness depends on the flow rate and contact time with the water. If the flow rate is very high their efficiency could drop to as low as 0% but if the flow rate is slow their efficiency can even exceed those of different carbon forms.
What are the advantages of GAC vs. other forms of carbon?
For its primary function of taste, odor, and chemical reduction GAC is cheaper, very effective, and can be re-used.
- Filter Media: Coconut Shell, Fruit Shell or Anthracite (Coal) Activated Carbon+Polypropylene Length: 10inch
- Micron Rating: Nominal 1um or 5um
- Filtration Life: 3-6 months or 2500gallons
- (Depending on water quality and level of contaminants)
- Max. Operating Pressure: 80psi
- Max. Flow rate: 2.5GPM
- Max.Operating temperature: 52℃