Concerned about what’s in your drinking water?
Municipal water suppliers do their best to protect the public. But contaminants can infiltrate aquifers and springs, and aging infrastructure can introduce contamination even after the water has been treated.
- 60,000 CHEMICALS
A number of chemicals used in SA, yet only 91 contaminants are regulated by the Safe Drinking Water Act.
- R4,154 BILLION
Amount of money EPA Estimated to be needed to maintain SA tap water over the next decade.
- 240,000 WATER MAIN BREAKS
The number of main breaks that occur in SA each year, causing boil water alerts due to temporary loss of clean water.
WHAT DOES UV REMOVE?
UV is a safe, chemical-free way to treat water. Best of all, UV is effective in destroying 99.99% of harmful microorganisms, including:
- E. coli
- Typhoid Fever
- Infectious Hepatitis
What are the Benefits of UV?
- Powerful Filtration
Powerful UV filtration destroys 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, and cysts
- Entire Home Treated
Treats all hot and cold water entering your home
- Great Value
Extremely cost-effective for bacteria-free safe water in your home
- Low Maintenance
Annual UV Lamp Replacement is typically All that is required
- Energy Efficient
Only uses as much power as a 40-watt light bulb
HOW DOES UV WORK?
THE UV WATER PURIFICATION PROCESS
Why do I need a UV?
If I’m On CITY WATER
- Water main breaks and broken pipes are a major cause of boil-water advisories.
- There are over 850 water main breaks every day in South Africa, and boil water advisories often aren’t issued for 24-48 hours after the contamination has occurred.
- Of the homes that have a water filtration device, only 10% have a system that can effectively protect against bacteria.
- An Ultraviolet water filter system will protect your family from harmful bacteria even during a boil water advisory.
If I’m On WELL WATER
- Wells are susceptible to bacteria from many sources.
- Improper good casing, causing corrosion, and poorly-installed good caps are common sources for well water contamination.
- Water levels change and fluctuate over time exposing the well to new opportunities for bacteria growth.
- Bacteria, including total coliform bacteria and E. coli, was found in one-third of wells, according to the US Geological Survey.
How to Get the Best Results From Your UV System
An ultraviolet water disinfection system cannot remove sediment, hardness, iron, lead, or chlorine. That’s why pre-filters are often installed before a UV system.
Sediment found in city and well water can be large enough to create shadows for bacteria to hide behind and thus, hinder the systems’ ability to effectively treat water. UV manufacturers highly recommend sediment filter be installed before the UV system to ensure proper water treatment.
If you have hard water, it may be necessary to have a water softener installed before the UV system. Hard water can cause scale build-up on the UV lamp which decreases the efficiency of the ultraviolet process.
THE UV ADVANTAGE
destroys 99.99% of microorganisms
- TASTE & ODOR
chemical disinfection methods change the taste & the odor of water but UV does not
- COST EFFECTIVE
only lamp & sleeve replaced annually
- ENVIRO FRIENDLY
no disinfection byproducts and no wasted water
works night and day, 24/7, consistently keeping water safe
- QUICK PROCESS
water flows through the system with essentially no pressure loss and requires no separate holding tank
- CLEAN & SAFE
no handling of chemicals