Iron Removal Filter
Puritech filtration equipment like iron removal filter features an excellent design with high-quality components to offer high performance. Puritech systems are designed for the longest life span with minimum energy consumption. Experience greater savings with lower maintenance and operation costs when you install Puritech filtration equipment.
Well, water from the faucet or tap is usually clear and colorless. However, when water containing colorless, dissolved iron is allowed to stand in a cooking container or comes in contact with a sink or bathtub, the iron combines with oxygen from the air to form reddish-brown particles (commonly called rust). Manganese forms brownish-black particles. These impurities can give a metallic taste to water or to food.
The rusty or brown stains on plumbing fixtures, fabrics, dishes, and utensils cannot be removed by soaps or detergents. Bleaches and alkaline builders (often sodium phosphate) can make the stains worse. Over time, iron deposits can build up in pressure tanks, water heaters, and pipelines, reducing the quantity and pressure of the water supply.
DMI-65 is the most advanced catalytic water filtration media that we used in our iron removal filtration system which has extremely high capabilities of removing both Iron (Fe) and Manganese (Mn) simultaneously through low cost catalytic oxidation and retention of the precipitate. The DMI-65 will also remove arsenic from a water supply given the correct conditions.
The DMI-65 is one of the fewer catalytic water filtration media’s in the world developed to remove iron and manganese that is certified to NSF/ANSI 61 for drinking water applications.
Advantages of DMI-65 Iron Removal Filter
- Eliminates Potassium
- PermanganateContinuous injection of sodium hypochlorite to low (0.2ppm) residual acts as an activator for the media and provides a residual sanitizer effect.
- Wide pH range
- Stable and satisfactory performance at pH 5.8 to 8.6.
- High Flow Rates
- DMI-65 operates satisfactorily at linear filtration velocities of up to twice that of conventional media, reducing capital costs considerably.
- Higher Operating Temperatures
- The maximum operating temperature of 45°C.
- Long Life DMI-65 is not consumed in the catalytic oxidation process.
- System Compatibility
- Physical properties are similar to that of other comparable systems, allowing a change of media without major hardware modifications.
- Arsenic Removal
- DMI-65 has been shown to remove arsenic associated with iron-containing influent.
- Ferric chloride is used when treating feed-waters with high arsenic feed levels.
|Model||Media Volume||Designed Flow Rate||Control Valve||In/Outlet||Tank Dimension|
|IRF-1035||30 Liters||5.5GPM||17LPM||5600FT||3/4″||10″ x 35″|
|IRF-1054||50 Liters||6.6GPM||25LPM||5600FT||3/4″||10″ x 54″|
|IRF-1354||70 Liters||11GPM||42LPM||5600FT||3/4″||13″ x 54″|
|IRF-1465||100 Liters||13.5GPM||50LPM||WS1-TC||1″||14″ x 65″|
|IRF-1665||120 Liters||20GPM||75LPM||WS1-TC||1″||16″ x 65″|
|IRF-1865||150 Liters||21.5GPM||80LPM||2850FT||1-1/2″||18″ x 65″|
|IRF-2162||200 Liters||24GPM||92LPM||2850FT||1-1/2″||21″ x 62″|
|IRF-2472||300 Liters||36GPM||137LPM||2850FT||1-1/2″||24″ x 72″|
|IRF-3672||600 Liters||71.5GPM||270LPM||170||2″||36″ x 72″|
- Control Valve: Fleck / Clack / Autotrol/ Manual.
- Tank: glass-fiber reinforced polyethylene.
- Treating material: DMI-65 + Small Gravels
- Distributor: PE
- Max working pressure……………6 BAR
- Min working pressure…………….2 BAR
- Max working temperature…….50°C
Raw water source and quality is the key element that directly affects the choice of filtration equipment. Puritech is a worldwide leader in the residential and commercial water treatment industry. Our mission is to become the most customer-conscious, highest quality, lowest-cost producer in our industry. Please don’t hesitate to send us your inquiry and see how Puritech can help to meet your water treatment needs.